Old 20-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Jim & Linda Brown

Default Ghost Shrimp

High Flight wrote in message
On rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, Aqua says...
Ghost Shrimp: Is it of any use in a Planted Community tank?

Use? Just for aesthetics. They're too small and insignificant to have
an impact. Except as food. :P

Jack

On the other hand, aren't all of our pets just part of the aesthetics?
Ghost shrimp do have a valid place in the home aquarium, just as do any
other fish or invertebrate. In the proper setting, we have found ghost
shrimp to be quite engaging and definitely worthy of consideration by
others. They work as scavengers of leftover food but we can't see them as a
preferred choice for algae control.
The catch with any animal we keep is to be sure we can cater to and provide
it with a proper level of existence.

Jim