Old 27-04-2010, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Help identifying pest

vicky wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
Hope you warn your neighbours about the Sweet Potatoes or they will think
you have giant convolvulus.
Didn't do any good with those either, roots, what there were, were full
of
slug holes.

We didn't get many, but the ones we got weren't bad at all.
Not really worth the cost or effort, but we'll give it another go and see
if
it goes better this time!

We tried them for a few years using our own sweet potatoes to provide slips
for the next year so got them up and running early. Still little useful crop
and, as I said, full of slug holes. Eventually we just decided they were
only an interesting gardening experiment and gave up with them.
Lots of space, water and feed needed too.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden