Old 27-04-2010, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Help identifying pest

Bob Hobden wrote:
We tried them for a few years using our own sweet potatoes to provide slips
for the next year so got them up and running early. Still little useful crop

Yeah, we tried with our own slips the next year, but that didn't go
anywhere. I can't remember if we messed them up or if they didn't work.

and, as I said, full of slug holes. Eventually we just decided they were
only an interesting gardening experiment and gave up with them.
Lots of space, water and feed needed too.

*nod* Nick thought we should try again and make sure we water them more
this time. I don't think we got much slug damage at all, but he did
nematodify the whole place, so that will have helped.