Old 20-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Stuart Mueller

Default Spray bar position

"Velvet" wrote in message
x-posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc, rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,
uk.rec.aquaria.misc

Ok, so I now have an external cannister on my tank (an eheim 2213

classic).
My quandry is where to put the spray bar, and how to mount it. For
logistical reasons, the feed pipe HAS to end up at the back left side of

the
tank. The tank sides *can* be seen, it's a free-standing tank - but I'm

not
*too* worried about seeing the pipes inside the tank from either side.

However. It's a 29US gal tank. Heavily planted, heavily stocked. CO2 on
the plants. The intake is at the bottom of the back left corner.

The spray bar will fit vertically down the back corner, but only once I've
got rid of the existing internal filters in 4-6 weeks.

It would need trimming to fit horizontally along the side.

If I fit it horizontally to the back, I can fit another spray bar linked

it, so there's (under the surface) current flowing toward the front of the
tank from all along the rear.

I could fit it at the bottom of the tank, along the back, horizontally,

and
add a second, as above.

I don't (for reasons of pipework) want to site the spray bar at the right
side of the tank, either horizontally or vertically.

Which would be the better options out of all these? I need general

current
throughout the whole tank, but don't want to set up a small circulation

over
just one side of the tank. Obviously spray bar has to be mounted under

the
surface by varying degrees, to prevent driving off the CO2 (which is put

in
by a separate reactor chamber, not into teh filter intake).

Velvet

Hi Velvet,

I have an Ehiem 2211 external canister filter in my 23UK Gal tank.

I have it coming in the back right hand corner and it goes along the top of
the back. I have found that If I add another spraybar, it dramatically
reduces the output from the original spraybar!!

However I noted your comment about you not wanting "small circulation over
just one side of the tank". Is there any reason for this, or is it just a
preference?

Stu