Old 20-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Velvet

Default Spray bar position

"Stuart Mueller" wrote in message
. ..

Hi Velvet,

I have an Ehiem 2211 external canister filter in my 23UK Gal tank.

I have it coming in the back right hand corner and it goes along the top

of
the back. I have found that If I add another spraybar, it dramatically
reduces the output from the original spraybar!!

However I noted your comment about you not wanting "small circulation over
just one side of the tank". Is there any reason for this, or is it just a
preference?

Stu

Well, what I didn't want was circulation over one side of the tank (ie, the
left, with spray bar and intake both on that side of the centre line) and
not much circulation on the other side of the tank (ie, no intake, no spray
bar). I've seen the tank (36"x12"x15") separate like this before, when
using a single internal filter (which is one reason why I currently have two
internals in there). I found the uncirculated end would end up with lots
more detritus, and the fish seemed to prefer the end with the filter in. Of
course, now I have supersonically growing plants in there, I'm sure this
makes eddies and whatnots, that help keep the whole tank stirred up, but
even so it looks at the moment like it's substantially stiller at that end
than t'other (and I still have my two internals going whilst the cannister
populates with bacteria).

Velvet