Old 20-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Mentaloid

Default How to Get Rid of Small Snails

Well - all this info is great - although I have in rather... odd situation.
I have a tank in which I have some large snails I would like to keep - I
don't want to kill them. However, there is also an infestation of small
(really small - hundreds of babies that never grow up) snails. I wouldn't
mind this so much as my loaches get the ones in the tank. The problem is
these suckers keep getting into my canister filter and breeding like crazy
in there - I can't find a way to eliminate this problem. I don't want to use
chemicals cause 1, they will hurt my plants, 2 they will kill my good snails
(3"). And of course I can't put a loach in the canister filter. Any Idea's?

"Marvin Hlavac" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

"FishyFred" wrote in message
om...
There is some useful information about getting rid of small snails on
AquariumFish.net at

http://www.aquariumfish.net/informat...all_snails.htm

There is a discussion about the same problem on PetFishTalk.com at

http://media1.select.net/wsradioarch...ium1080702.wma

I hope this information helps you.

FishFred

Thanks FishFred...