Old 29-04-2010, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default fixing broken plants

Boson wrote:

Jeff Thies wrote:
* *Every now and then some poor plant or bush in garden gets lopped off.
The latest was a cuke that had a tree branch fall on it. I now just have
the stem poking up. Is there any way to fix or at least alleviate the
damage?

* *To my chagrin, weeds always seem to easily recover.

Was it already bearing? Or very young? If it's already
well established, what have you got to lose if you just wait a while
to see
if it recovers? Be nice to it; give it some (not overwhelming
amount) of good food and gentle water, and send positive
thoughts g.

No matter how much food, water, niceness, and positive thoughts are
sent your way, once you've been castrated you ain't gonna reproduce.