Old 29-04-2010, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default fixing broken plants

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Apr 29, 5:56*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
* *Every now and then some poor plant or bush in garden gets lopped off.
The latest was a cuke that had a tree branch fall on it. I now just have
the stem poking up. Is there any way to fix or at least alleviate the
damage?

* *To my chagrin, weeds always seem to easily recover.

* *Jeff
(not such a good gardener!)

Was it already bearing? Or very young? If it's already
well established, what have you got to lose if you just wait a while
to see
if it recovers? Be nice to it; give it some (not overwhelming
amount) of good food and gentle water, and send positive
thoughts g.

Without leaves, it is pretty slim pickin's.

Slim Pickens one of my favorite actors along with Andy Devine. Both
liked to garden )

Bill