Old 20-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Peter Ashby

Default PMDD in UK / BBA

In article ,
"Mark Trueman" wrote:

Hi,

Sorry about the crosspost.....

Im in the UK and im after some PMDD but im having trouble getting some of
the ingredients. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to ship some
to me, either from within the uk or from the ROW.

Is it likely that dosing PMDD may help with my problem of BBA? Ive got a
160litre tank, dosing iron and potassium every other day (25ml of the
fertiliser which contains .1% iron), diy Co2 at about 20ppm, 120 watts of
6500k lighting, using a nitrate and phosphate filter on my tap water and
Rowaphos in my tank (about 10ppm nitrate) Im getting BBA on most of my slow
growing plants and on the tops of my vallis. Im also getting the odd bit of
green hair algae on glass and rocks and plants.

The suggestion has been made that setting your lights to turn off for an
hour in the middle of the day inhibits algae growth without affecting
plants or fish. Easy to try, easy to reverse, very cheap. We have an
ancistrus catfish so the small amount of algae we have is viewed as
food. If it increases we simply stop the algae wafers for a while.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
Wellcome Trust Biocentre