Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Found a 'Stinkhorn' in the yard... / help I.D this fungi?

Jeßus wrote:
Found this near the front gate yesterday arvo:
http://i40.tinypic.com/1045gcp.jpg

And yes - it certainly does stink

I've done a bit of searching in a bid to identify it, turns out to be
a fungi.

Thing is, there seems to be similar looking fungi in a variety of
genus from what I've read. Is it Aseroe rubra, pseudocolus sp, or
something else? Most likely the former, I think.
I'm located in N.E Tas.
Cheers.

There is another one that I have had grow in the garden that puts up a
single fruiting body that is shades of lurid pink and looks extremely
phallic. I got the spores in a load of bark mulch.

David