Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM posted to austin.food,austin.gardening,rec.food.cooking
blake murphy blake murphy is offline

Default Wild Onions - Maybe Ramps?

On Mon, 03 May 2010 21:51:04 -0500, Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

Nutria? ... Oh - you mean the swamp rat. It was definitely a
Texas River Otter:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...es/otter/otter.

"Their short legs and long, slender physique makes their movements
on land seem awkward, but they are graceful and nimble in the
water."

This guy was almost the full 2 feet long, as well. So that's why I
described the scene as comical. Any other wild animal would have
ducked into the water or turned around as soon as it saw me. This
is why I thought it was a tame dog at first. I saw it turn the
corner 30 yards away and we saw each other at the same time, but it
didn't even flinch, just kept coming.

-sw

Pages not found. :-(

boop off the last 'otter' thusly