Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Sarina Sarina is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailfg View Post
I am a new gardener. I have two raised beds 4x6. One I planted 3 blueberry bushes in last fall. They survived the winter and are flowering well. i would also like to grow strawberries & tomoatoes. I read not to put Strawberries with tomoatoes but can I put the tomoatoes with blueberries. Where can i find a list of fruit & vegtable compatible plantings? Should I keep everybody separate? What about cukes? Can i add them in somewhere?
thanks

Well, blueberry needs soil that posses PH 5 to 6 and tomato needs PH 7.5. So, I think it will be OK. Strawberry attracts more pests because of its taste and fragrance, that's why this plant may bring unwanted pests for tomatoes.

Growing tomatoes