Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Dahlia grower new to group -- is this moderated? Allow promotions?

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

dahlias-organic wrote:
Hello all: I haven't followed this group since about 1992. I'm a
small organic, dahlia grower in Iowa, and was wondering about the
rules on this group. Is it moderated? Are you allowed to promote your
own business (e.g., tuber sales)? Can you post a link to your own
website?

I'm accessing the group via Google Groups, and didn't see that these
questions were addressed, other than the general admonition to not
post spam. I suppose any unsolicited promotion might be considered by
some to be spam, but my own criterion is that the advert be repeated
multiple times in a short period. What's the protocol here?

thanks
Al Gabis
Fairfield, Iowa, USA
Info "at" Dahliasorganic DOT com

I think genuine involvement will get you much further than empty spamming.

David

I agree. What can Al offer ?

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden