Old 05-05-2010, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy[_2_] Davy[_2_] is offline

Default Euphorbia - Tall Spindly?

Kay,

Was planted in Spring 2009.
Nothing special about the soil; other euphorbia (but different varieties)
growing multiple stems from one base. Very puzzling

DAvy

kay wrote in news:kay.65487a6
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

'Davy[_2_ Wrote:
;885979']My euphorbia griffithii fireglow has spread and sent up

shoots
spaced about
a foot apart and now 2ft high and in flower. But in the recent rain,
because there is so much space between them, they have been knocked
over.

It is supposed to be a bushy plant. Can anyone suggest what might be
wrong?

DAvy

It isn't bushy in the sense of lots of branching. But I'd expect the
shoots to be more densely packed than that. How long have you had it?
Could it be that it's just looking for more fertile soil? In which

case,
a good mulch could help.