Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM
le_plop le_plop is offline
Registered User

Question Unknown bulb / plant identification

First post! Hello everybody!

Since buying a new house in October, I'm currently working through the overgrown / uncared for garden discovering all sorts.

However, I've been unable to identify this one, which has shot up over the past month...

I believe it's grown up from a bulb / tuber, but not entirely sure. Currently (in photo) about 25cms but growing reasonably quickly. Is planted within a raised herb border including rosemary, sage (i think), thyme, lavender, so perhaps it's complimentary to these (albeit this is obviously not a shrub)?

Any help to identify would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

Best regards,

Tom