Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Simonite Paul Simonite is offline

Default Tomatoes Slow

The message
from Jim A contains these words:
\snip\
Planting out as I described earlier. The buried part of the stem
quickly produces new roots and you get an enhanced root system.

/Now/ you tell me, the very day after I planted mine out! Ah well, I'll
do another one and compare the difference.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride

You will find that the buried stem produces roots. Toms are a vine and
naturally trail along the floor, rooting as they go.

Dob your sideshoots into the ground too. They will also root and, if
early enough, will give you another truss of tomatoes before the season
is over.

--
Compo