Old 08-05-2010, 03:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Lasagna Gardening In A Bucket

In article
,
Nanzi wrote:

On May 8, 9:18*am, (EVP MAN) wrote:
I wasn't so much worried about this idea being organic but concentrating
more on how to retain water and fertilizer when growing in a bucket.
The more I had to water last year, *the more fertilizer seemed to be
washed away right out the drain holes in the bottom of the pail. *I
think this new concept would cut way down on watering thus more
fertilizer remaining in the grow pail. *

Rich

How about catching the water that drains and using it again???
Nan

Now thatıs a good idea !

Just would add that the larger the pot the minor the mistakes can
become. 1-1-1 in a small pot or 10-10-10 in a large pot may prevent
salts from becoming an issue. I use large pots inside just for starting
caladiums. Lots of work but I like white in my shade hosta beds. I
also just use my compost for everything. This year did not even harden
off in a cold frame. Forecast is for 36 F Sunday night fingers
crossed but we have 40+ winds today too.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?