Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ross McKay[_2_] Ross McKay[_2_] is offline

Default Strawberries and slugs

On Mon, 10 May 2010 17:56:08 -0700, "aluckyguess" wrote:

I am having a problem with slugs and my strawberries, as soon as they get
almost ready to pick these little slugs eat holes in them. What can I do
without putting any poisons down?

If you're in Australia, encourage the blue-tongue lizards. We have a
couple that make the occasional appearance around here and have not had
a problem with snails or slugs since their arrival.

If not in Australia, well... do you have an animal there that likes
eating slugs and snails? (Ducks, perhaps? or do they like strawberries
too?
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed." - Gandhi