Old 14-05-2010, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default How to tell cantaloupe, cucumber and honey dew plants apart

I planted by seed this year and didn't do a good job of marking which
was which. What I thought were watermelon plants, clearly aren't. They
have leaves like cucumbers but seem to be in clusters, rather than
alternate. They also have stronger points on the leaves than cucumbers.

My hope is that I'm growing something other than just cukes! Not a
big deal as eventually I will know! It seems like there should be a
cucurbit taxonomy reference, but I can't find it.

Jeff