Old 14-05-2010, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Unknown bulb / plant identification

"le_plop" wrote in message

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Tony - the garden / herb border has been left unattended for many
years, i believe, and there still only appears to be one or two of these
plants that have shot up... would that lead you to think it may NOT be
horseradish, or is it possible it's just not a fast propogating
variety?

It'd have more to do with the type of conditions in that spot. I have some
horseradish in one spot that is hard, hungry and as dry as a dead dingo's
boys bits and each year I only get one or two small bits coming up. In a
more fertile moist place it'd almost be classed as a feral plant.