Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Jeff Ludwig

Default Titration pH Tester?

I may just get a PinPoint. I have trouble discerning the color changes

even
when being careful about using a white background and flourescent or
sunlight as a source.

Just some things to keep in mind; maintence is *very* important for pH
probes - they need to be calibrated at least every 6 weeks, kept very clean,
don't allow them to scale and also write down when you last replaced the
probe, they do have a rated lifetime (2 years for a decent one). Just
because it reads to 2 decimals accuracy says nothing about the precision -
I've overneutralized some solutions in the lab because I assumed the
calibration was okay.

Cheers,
Jeff Ludwig