Old 17-05-2010, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Help needed with bottle brush bush, and a harsh winter.

"Ian B" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Chris Hogg" wrote
stolt wrote:

hi there, new on here, i was googling how to look after a bottle
brush plant and come across this site. Got quite a substantial
bottle brush plant in the front gardem (only lived in this house a
year) but last year it was full of red beautiful flowers. the
winter has turned the leaves burnt red and curled up, in some parts
there ae new buds developing.

Shall i cut it back, and if i do where to?

thanks

I should leave it alone for the moment. If there are new buds
developing, the chances are it will recover well, although the
red-burnt leaves will probably drop off. In a few months, you will be
able to see what parts are still alive and what have died, and cut
out the latter and maybe think about re-shaping the rest of it if
needs be.

Quite agree, patience is a virtue with all gardening.

I'm having a bit of trouble with that part. Is there anything I could add
to my garden to make things go a bit faster?

Growmore or similar fertiliser and lots of warmth and water would help. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden