Old 17-05-2010, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Mulch shredded newspaper

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
virginia_scout wrote:

Mulch shredded newspaper

I was thinking of using shredded newspaper to mulch the strawberry
bed.

Anybody try this? Good idea, bad idea

Bill in VA

No problem, except it looks like hell. I'd use a top coat of leaves or
alfalfa, or some such. Most newsprint is done with soy ink these days,
including the color sections. You may want to avoid the slick glossy
week-end inserts though. They may not have been printed by the paper. To
be sure, call the paper and verify.

Some of of the larger news paper companies no longer use ink. They use
high speed lasers and burn the letters to the paper. When reading those
papers one gets an ash like substance on your hands instead of ink. many
papers will use ink just on the first page and lasers on the inside.

Tu me plaisante?
--
- Billy