Old 18-05-2010, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Free compost

Higgs Boson wrote:

While there, I also ordered a new compost bin, as the old one was
sagging and
bowed, and not delivering as much compost as I need. This one is a
square
Smith & Hawken Biocompost bin

http://www.consumersearch.com/compost-bins

which looks great and I hope it does well. Only inconvenience is
having to unload
the compost segment by segment in order to "turn" the pile. In my
situation,
it means I have to move a lot of heavy, clumsy stuff around in order
to free
up a space where the compost can be unloaded. But then, that ****
needed
to be moved anyway -- give me a chance throw out a lot of old,
termited
lumber bits, for one thing!

I used to use 4 pallets, arranged to form a cube, with the top corners tied
together. Untie the two corners on the front, and move the pallet out of the way
when you want to empty it.