Old 20-05-2010, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Una Una is offline

Default I must have dug a thousand dandelions today

Onei wrote:
I have had a similar problem with my lawn so I will try and take some of
the advice from this thread. Thanks!

You'll do fine.

Despite two neighbors who grow big crops of dandelion seeds, my lawn
has very few dandelions and I control them by grubbing them out with
a digging knife before they seed. I do it this way because I patrol
the lawn for several other undesirable kinds of plants that are best
controlled by being grubbed out.

One neighbor tries to control dandelions by mowing; the other uses
an herbicide. Both of these methods are effective when used at the
right time. Unfortunately, both neighbors usually wait until after
the first bumper crop of seeds has been shed. Wrong time. Oh well.

Timing is a big part of efficient gardening.

Una