Old 22-05-2010, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Help identify spots on pear tree please ?

"rich" wrote in message
Hello All.

Planted a young Conference pear tree last year. I've not done anything
with it other than feed and drink. Over the last couple of weeks I've
noticed most of the upper leaves have developed this red spotting on
them..

http://i42.tinypic.com/atuu03.jpg

The leaves are curling and the poor thing looks a bit sad. Can anyone
please help identify the problem and suggest anything to help?

It looks like pear leaf blister mite. You can google this to find out more,
and maybe a way of getting rid of it.

HTH, someone