Old 23-05-2010, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Watering plants with aquarium water

I have a 150 and 60 gallon freshwater tanks. I soaked my plants with about
10 gallons of used tank water today. I am thinking the nitrates will be
very beneficial to the plants. The tank water has immediately assimilable
nitrogen so that should alleviate the need for chemferts. Will report back
later. Chlorine cannot be good for them is my thinking and my tanks are
chemical free. Ph is about 6.6. Should be good.

Paul