Old 22-05-2010, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Salad stuff

Barbara Brown wrote:
I want to start growing my own salad stuff, and perhaps a few veggies,
in one of those plastic small sort of small greenhouse. Is it too late
in the year. I have never grown this sort of thing before except for
tomatoes. how do I start with lettuce and mustard cress

How hot is it where you are?

Some stuff here on hot weather greens:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Grow-...ernatives.aspx

Unless it is very cold where you are, the warmer temps in the
greenhouse will work against you.

I have some Swiss Chard and Kale (a rescue from KMart) growing in 7b.
Probably too late for them, but the Kale is doing well and the Swiss
Chard is OK. It'll be in the 90's tomorrow, so I'll see.

Jeff