Old 23-05-2010, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default Brocolli, starting to flower

g'day dirtbag,

none of this may help of course as i am in a sub-tropical region.

when any brassica bolts for us it usually means the days are too hot
that is why we grow ours broccolli included through the winter months
ove here our winters might be close to your autumn or spring. plus
growing n winte over here means no pests.

never heard of any seedling being more susseptable to bolting than
another. you could try cutting off that head maybe still edible? and
seewaht occurs with the new growths my thinking if it is season issue
that they will still bolt.

might be you have to pick the heads for eating when smaller.

On Sun, 23 May 2010 13:43:07 +0000 (UTC), DirtBag
wrote:
snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV