Old 24-05-2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default SFG

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

Billy wrote:

snip

s of color pictures, but overall it
seems to me to be mostly flash.

Anyway, lasagna gardening, the above URL calls for 2 vertical ft. of
mulch on the vegetable beds, mine are usually 3 - 4". Just make sure
that there is always mulch, no matter how thick it is. If you are
getting weeds, you'll probably want to increase the depth of the mulch.

I have an abundance of pine straw. My take is that this doesn't make
good compost as it breaks down slowly, but makes good mulch.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...335925165.html

I'll get this started today, in the meantime I have an abundance of
green, and not much other brown. So, I'm thinking... We had at one time
a horse in the neighborhood (I live in Atlanta proper) and chickens
across the road (I now know why a chicken crosses the road: It doesn't
care). But the chickens are all long gone.

I've had a long running compost pile at the dead end of my street
that leads to the woods. Unfortunately it now looks more like a garbage
dump, with shingles and all kinds of plastic tossed on. Sigh! Seems like
someone can always turn a good idea into hell. The reverse is not so easy.

Sometimes I think I live here mostly for amusement.

Jeff