Old 24-05-2010, 09:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default pine mycelium benefits

Not living in a pine forest we always added what pine needles we could
muster. Recently ( the last 10 years that has increased a lot ). I
sort of have belief that a mix of life is better than a narrow use of
biological compost ingredients. So this would lead be assume a land
rich in chicken or cow manures still would benefit from other once
living things like Green sand, bone meal or granite dust for instance.

Anyway seems fungi may be a good thing to encourage in your garden but
not in your toes or groin. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycorrhiza

Sort of touches on pH as mentioned in another tread I can not fine.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?