Old 26-05-2010, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Home made seed planter (drill?)

On 26 May, 20:47, wrote:
Apples wrote:
The little furry creatures keep digging up the sunflower seeds I
plant. I have tried a large screwdriver to make the hole, but fiddly
to say the least. Any of you bright sparks got ideas on how I can
plant a single seed or two to a depth where the furries cannot smell
them and start digging them up?I'm sure you will, ta

I have to admit, my solution to seed digging is to plant in the greenhouse
before transferring out. *Sunflowers in root trainers, peas in guttering.

Why not plant as normal and then water with a solution of Armilatox,
the smell will mask any smell from the seeds and will last long enough
for the plants to be well up before it fades.
David Hill