Old 27-05-2010, 12:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Can seeds be used next year?

dgk said:

I have some left over heirloom tomato seeds as well as a few assorted
vegetables. Can these be used next spring? Even the minimum order of
seeds is far more than I can plant in my little yard.

Most (but not all) types of vegetable seeds can be saved and used the
next year. Some will last for several years.

Here's a list of longevity for "well stored" seeds of various vegetables
(see other replies for storage information):

http://growingtaste.com/storage.shtml

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored