Old 20-04-2003, 06:09 AM
LeighMo

Default cultivating amazon swords

I initially had them in the sun, but when they first started dying back, I
figured that they were getting burnt. I could try putting them back in the
sun, but I really think its too hot for them. Although its only spring in
Brisbane, the days are already very hot (mid 30s), and the sun very strong -
I don't know how well adapted they are for such intense light in what is
fairly shallow water.

I suppose the heat might be a problem. I doubt the light would be, though.
Since these plants grow both underwater and emersed, in the tropics.

Perhaps a larger tub would help? Might keep the temperature more stable.
Small containers can overheat rapidly.

Leigh