Old 29-05-2010, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Toxic Rain From Gulf Oil Leak

On 5/28/2010 3:52 PM, EVP MAN wrote:

I was just wondering if we could get toxic rain from the chemicals used
on the gulf oil leak? Many of our storms here in the eastern half of
the US originate in the gulf. If this would be the case, it sure could
have a dire effect on crops and food production.

Rich from PA

Unlikely. Chemicals like surfactants have very low vapor pressures.
There would be volatile hydrocarbons like methane that would make it
into the atmosphere to supplement the cow farts contributing to global
warming.