Old 28-05-2010, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Toxic Rain From Gulf Oil Leak

I was just wondering if we could get toxic rain from the chemicals used
on the gulf oil leak? Many of our storms here in the eastern half of
the US originate in the gulf. If this would be the case, it sure could
have a dire effect on crops and food production.

Rich from PA

Old 29-05-2010, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/28/2010 3:52 PM, EVP MAN wrote:

I was just wondering if we could get toxic rain from the chemicals used
on the gulf oil leak? Many of our storms here in the eastern half of
the US originate in the gulf. If this would be the case, it sure could
have a dire effect on crops and food production.

Rich from PA

Unlikely. Chemicals like surfactants have very low vapor pressures.
There would be volatile hydrocarbons like methane that would make it
into the atmosphere to supplement the cow farts contributing to global
warming.
Old 29-05-2010, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
(EVP MAN) wrote:

I was just wondering if we could get toxic rain from the chemicals used
on the gulf oil leak? Many of our storms here in the eastern half of
the US originate in the gulf. If this would be the case, it sure could
have a dire effect on crops and food production.

Rich from PA

One product is Corexit: 2-butoxyethanol, a compound associated with
headaches, vomiting and reproductive problems at high doses. Seems it is
making the fishermen working the clean up sick, but if they put on a
respirator (a respirator purchased by the fishermen), BP has told them
that they will be fired.

Seems BP is more concerned about how the spill looks than it is about
health repercussions.

For the surfactants to work, it needs to stay in the water, I doubt that
much will reach the East Coast, but BP isn't saying what they're doing
and what they are using, except that they are making progress.

Look them up in Wikipedia, they are quit a company. They were the EPAs
#1 polluter in 2006.
--
- Billy
Old 29-05-2010, 08:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

President Oboma put in a quick appearance and then high tailed it out of
there! He didn't even stay and talk to the locals, especially the
fishermen who make their livings from fishing the gulf. People were
sick of Bush and wanted change. That's how Oboma won the election by
campaigning on change. Well things here in the USA shure did change,
didn't they? Are you better off now than you were when Bush was in
office? In my opinion, they all suck!

Rich ........... Or is that pronounced Obama in African? Wonder what
his birth cirtificate reads? Sheeeeeessshhh!

Old 29-05-2010, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

EVP MAN wrote:
snip

Rich ........... Or is that pronounced Obama in African? Wonder what
his birth cirtificate reads? Sheeeeeessshhh!

I didn't take you for a birther before, but it is duly noted now.

The Tea Party has been called the party of the terminally upset. Is
that what appeals to you?

Jeff

Old 29-05-2010, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/29/2010 3:22 AM, EVP MAN wrote:

President Oboma put in a quick appearance and then high tailed it out of
there! He didn't even stay and talk to the locals, especially the
fishermen who make their livings from fishing the gulf. People were
sick of Bush and wanted change. That's how Oboma won the election by
campaigning on change. Well things here in the USA shure did change,
didn't they? Are you better off now than you were when Bush was in
office? In my opinion, they all suck!

Rich ........... Or is that pronounced Obama in African? Wonder what
his birth cirtificate reads? Sheeeeeessshhh!

Did you see the huge tar ball he was examining?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o9NB...=youtube_gdata

Looked to be pea sized.

In my younger days, I recall football sized tar balls at the beach in
Delaware.

#1 polluter in 2006.

And a great safety record too.
http://www.fairwarning.org/2010/05/b...-safety-violat
ions-in-the-industry/

They were 100th in campaign funding, but only 27% of that went to the
Democrats. I suspect that will change over the next couple of campaign
cycles. Now there's change you can take to the bank.
I wouldn't want to give the impression though, that I thought there was
much difference between the DNC and the RNC. They are just the liberal
and conservative wings of the Kleptocrats, IMHO.
--
- Billy
Old 15-06-2010, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article says...
Look them up in Wikipedia, they are quit a company. They were the EPAs
#1 polluter in 2006.

Where did they go wrong in the next three years?

Old 17-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered User

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.