Old 29-05-2010, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Toxic Rain From Gulf Oil Leak

In article ,
(EVP MAN) wrote:

I was just wondering if we could get toxic rain from the chemicals used
on the gulf oil leak? Many of our storms here in the eastern half of
the US originate in the gulf. If this would be the case, it sure could
have a dire effect on crops and food production.

Rich from PA

One product is Corexit: 2-butoxyethanol, a compound associated with
headaches, vomiting and reproductive problems at high doses. Seems it is
making the fishermen working the clean up sick, but if they put on a
respirator (a respirator purchased by the fishermen), BP has told them
that they will be fired.

Seems BP is more concerned about how the spill looks than it is about
health repercussions.

For the surfactants to work, it needs to stay in the water, I doubt that
much will reach the East Coast, but BP isn't saying what they're doing
and what they are using, except that they are making progress.

Look them up in Wikipedia, they are quit a company. They were the EPAs
#1 polluter in 2006.
--
- Billy