Old 28-05-2010, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Simonite Paul Simonite is offline

Default Aquilegias

The message
from kay contains these words:

Ann Lancing;888849 Wrote:
My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and
therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. Do slugs like them? I have never had this

problem before.
Can anyone help?

Ann

I have a slug- and snail-ridden garden to the extent that I grow my
french beans in the greenhouse to keep them away from slugs. Yet I have
self seeded aquilegias everywhere every year. So I'd be very surprised
if it were slug damage.

--
kay

I agree with Kay on this one - I can't rid the garden of Aquilegia
despite having a serious slug problem on other plants; they self-seed
everywhere including the driveway.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness