Old 28-05-2010, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aquilegias

My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. Do slugs like them? I have never had this
problem before.
Can anyone help?

Ann

Old 28-05-2010, 04:00 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Lancing View Post
My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. Do slugs like them? I have never had this
problem before.
Can anyone help?

Ann
I have a slug- and snail-ridden garden to the extent that I grow my french beans in the greenhouse to keep them away from slugs. Yet I have self seeded aquilegias everywhere every year. So I'd be very surprised if it were slug damage.
Old 28-05-2010, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from kay contains these words:

--
kay

I agree with Kay on this one - I can't rid the garden of Aquilegia
despite having a serious slug problem on other plants; they self-seed
everywhere including the driveway.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness
Old 28-05-2010, 10:13 PM posted to rec.music.brazilian,uk.rec.gardening

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. Do slugs like them? I have never had this
problem before.
Can anyone help?

aquilegia do brasil

great song

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Old 29-05-2010, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. Do slugs like them? I have never had this
problem before.
Can anyone help?

Like the others have said, I do have plenty of slugs and snails but they
have never touched my Aquilegias.
Bit of a mystery.
Tina

Old 29-05-2010, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ann Lancing;888849 Wrote:
[...]

.....and I, in my blissful ignorance, thought they were weeds - thay behave
as such though!

Bill

Old 30-05-2010, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. Do slugs like them? I have never had this
problem before.
Can anyone help?

Like the others have said, I do have plenty of slugs and snails but they
have never touched my Aquilegias.
Bit of a mystery.

My Mum had a yellow one which regularly had it's leaves stripped, though the
flowers themselves were left. As it only happened to this one plant, and
the mauve ones on the other side of the garden were untouched, we always
thought it was some rather fussy caterpillars.

--
Kathy

Old 30-05-2010, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 28, 9:22*am, Ann Lancing wrote:
My aquilegia plants have been stripped of all their leaves, and therefore
are not flowering either.
They are established plants. *Do slugs like them? *I have never had this
problem before.
Can anyone help?

Ann

Any sticky trail around?
I picked up an aquiligia at a garden centre once and it housed just
such an creature. Also, one which has survived here only did so
because of a strategically placed beer offering. Located next to the
plant which was where there wasn't much of a choice to nibble on;
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM posted to rec.music.brazilian,uk.rec.gardening

aquilegia do brasil
great song

Aquilegia is the botanical name for columbine. It doesn't grow in
Brazil, nor does its name sound even remotely like "aquarela."

You can tell Ann Lancing that columbines can be tricky to grow in a
garden.

--
DT