Old 29-05-2010, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Toward food sovereignty: Reclaiming autonomous food systems [pdf]

"Bill who putters" wrote in message

Still I think food local REAL local is primay.

We have a Senator here in Australia who is quite an interesting chap. His
name is Bill Heffernan and on some issues, he's to the right of Genghis Khan
and on some issues he's quite left wing. He belongs to a party on the
right of our political spectrum but because he lives in rural Australia, he
often says things that would never be said by anyone from the city and which
I can strongly identify with.

The other day I was listening to him being interviewed and he was railing on
about climate change and food. His comment was that he didn't care two
hoots about how, why or indeed even 'if', we were suffering from climate
change. Agriculture was in a huge mess and unless and until people started
thinking more about what was in their fridge rather than what was in their
garage, the situation would continue to be a massive cock up. I'm still
thinking about that but I think that there is a fair chance that he's right.

We (as industrial western societies) don't pay enough attention to our food.

I have been reviewing the way I have been addressing others and I seem
to have fallen from my Ideal of always writing like I am addressing my
best friend. I think I will retire for awhile as words should not hurt.

Well I can understand the tempatation to rip shit out of someone especially
when they either don't read what is written or don't think before posting.