Old 30-05-2010, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Snapped courgette plant

"David WE Roberts" wrote
This year has been a hard one to get stuff started, but at least one plant
in a pot has been slowly growing over the last few weeks.
It was a 'One Ball summer squash' and was developing some promising
looking flowers and starting to grow away.

Just looked at it and the wind has snapped it off just above ground level,
leaving the head lying next to the stem.

I've never grown this particular courgette before, but I have grown
courgettes for many years and never known this happen.

Oh, well, just bought 3 yellow courgettes in Lidl (in one pot) so after
they have been potted up I know where one is going.

Roll on summer

Slug eaten through it?

--
Regards