Old 31-05-2010, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Snapped courgette plant

David WE Roberts wrote:
It was a 'One Ball summer squash' and was developing some promising looking
flowers and starting to grow away.

I have 3 of those in my greenhouse waiting to go out. They are starting to
flower already!

Just looked at it and the wind has snapped it off just above ground level,
leaving the head lying next to the stem.

I've never grown this particular courgette before, but I have grown
courgettes for many years and never known this happen.

I had a row of bush courgettes out, with 4 green and a gap for the yellow
(the only one that germinated!) to go in the middle - and after a night in
the greenhouse, some slug like thing has come along and munched right
through the growing tip. :'(