Old 31-05-2010, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Free compost (from recycled stuff)

"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote in message
mogga wrote:

http://www.donarbon.com/compost-collection

Impressive. Useful if you're in Cambridgeshire.

Ours (Oldham) takes it away and it's never seen again. I asked the
council what they did with ours and they have no plans to make it
available to the public.

What does your local council do with garden and food waste?

Our Council has the waste composted by someone somewhere,
(never thought to enquire) and every week or so there's a huge
lorryload delivered to "the tip" and gardeners who are quick off the
mark can help themselves to three black bags full. It's normally
delivered on a Thursday or Friday and is all gone by the Sunday.

Slough council take them to a local charity garden centre where anyone can
collect them free.

Alan

--
AnneJ