Old 31-05-2010, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Free compost (from recycled stuff)

"mogga" wrote in message
http://www.donarbon.com/compost-collection

Impressive. Useful if you're in Cambridgeshire.

Ours (Oldham) takes it away and it's never seen again. I asked the
council what they did with ours and they have no plans to make it
available to the public.

What does your local council do with garden and food waste?

--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Swansea City Council is well up sto speed on re-cyling stuff.

We have a huge Civil Amenities Centre (Dump) where all the composted waste
is there for us to take. There isn't a limit to the amount we can take, but
if you chose your time carefully you can help youself in relative hassle
free comfort. It is a very popular place though.
One thing you have to put up with is some shredded re-cycling bags mixed in
with the compost, it does rake out quite well when spread.

Bill