Old 01-06-2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default novice and his Jasmine cuttings

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Jasmine is mosly very easy to root by any means you care to use, but it
does depend a bit on what sort of Jasmine you have been given as some of
the more tender evergreen sorts you need to take more care and a
propagator would help, but if you are talking jasmine officinale the
common white hardy jasmine it will root while in your hand! so a glass of
water would be fine :~)

When I was in Italy last year everywhere seemed to have a beautiful blue
jasmine mixed in witht he white. I took several cuttings and transported
them home in a bottle of water, but not a single one took. :'(