Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default novice and his Jasmine cuttings

Sacha wrote:
When I was in Italy last year everywhere seemed to have a beautiful blue
jasmine mixed in witht he white. I took several cuttings and transported
them home in a bottle of water, but not a single one took. :'(

Blue jasmine? That's a new one to me. Not Plumbago or Tweedia caerulea?

Definitely not the latter. If I search on google for "blue jasmine" it
seems to be giving a lot of plumbago images/photos. I suppose it's similar.
It's a year ago now, so I could be misremembering, but it was growing right
next to your normal white jasmines, and I'm sure I would have noticed if the
leaves hadn't been the same. I may be a bit of a beginner with a lot of
plants, but I have been growing jasmine since we bought our current house 7
years ago, and we have (well had, cos Nick masacred it this year!) a lot of
it! :-)