Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Chipmunks

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 22:00:16 -0400, "Big Duke"
wrote:

Hi all,
I seem to be having a excessive amount of chipmunks around my house. I
started catching them in my have a heart trap and letting them go about 1
1/2 miles away from my house in a nice wooded area. In the past week I have
caught 6 of them. My father and wife think it's the same ones coming back
again. My wife being the wise girl that she is also says they like going for
a ride in my pickup truck. What do you all think? Is it possible they are
finding their way back to my house? Would it help if dropped them off
farther away? Thanks for reading my post.
Big Duke

Amazing... someone named *Big Duke* is ascared of widdle chipmonks.
LOL

Chipmonks are living around your house because there exists a food
supply for them, there will only be a population that the existing
food supply can accomodate. Chipmonks are very territorial so won't
allow their population to increase. Removing some won't help, some
may return but otherwise new inhabitants will replace them. If you
all of a sudden notice an increase in the chipmonk population then
someone is feeding them, bird feeders and dog/cat food are the usual
culprits.