Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Chipmunks

Billy said:

What is the problem with the chipmonks, fruit trees, pet food, what? Is
it something that chicken wire can't fix?

For me, mainly tunnelling. Serious amounts of tunneling.

When we first moved here, we had red squirrels and no chipmunks.
Then, we had chipmunks move in and stopped seeing red squrirrels.
When I moved a whole bunch of chipmunks, the red squirrels returned.

I'd rather have red squirrels. No tunnels. More charisma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Red_Squirrel

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored