Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default cordless weedeater

Paul M. Cook wrote:
"Chet" wrote in message
Looking into a cordless weedeater, I am down to two of them, any users
here have any experience with either the B&D NST 2018 or the Worx GT model
with the lithium battery

thanks

When it comes to power tools I always choose ones with easily available
batteries. Ideally one that has a common battery across the whole product
line. I've retired a few cordless tools when I could no longer get
replacement batteries for them.

Paul

That day always comes eventually, yeah :) Best way to get long life
from any cordless tool is to fully charge it, and if you don't use it
for about 4-5 months, run it out completely (wire the trigger back;
takes about 40 minutes) and then recharge it fully. I have a cordless
drill in it's 10th year of service, and I attribute it to that. But
NiCad batteries - all NiCads - eventually form an internal crystalline
latticework called "dendrites", and after that, they can't be recharged
worth a damn anymore. They "get old and die". I also have several tools
with Lithium Ion batteries, but there is a scarcity of data yet as to
how long those will last.

Tony M.