Old 03-06-2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Cucuber V gourds

Phil wrote:
I have made a bit of a error. I planted several pots of cucumber and
gourds few weeks ago which are all growing well and now need to be
planted out, only problem is I do not know which is which ( I was not
roganised enough to lable them )

This would not be a problem but I want to keep the cucmbers in the
greenhouse and the gourds can go outside

Does anyone know any way of identifying them ? I could sort out some
pictures if anyone thinks they could indentify them from the
pictures.

It's hard in the cucurbit family. Bill who putters found this:

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~taber...tification.pdf

Note thread from 5-13

Jeff

One big difference between the two is one type has massive root growth
out of the bottom of the pot, just mention in case this helps

Cheers

Phil